Jobs / Job Postings
PRODUCTION FINANCE LEADSubmission Guidelines
Production Finance Lead provides strategic financial support and analysis for CG animated productions. This position is responsible for all financial and accounting functions on animated films including production budgeting, forecasting, resource quota planning, general accounting, financial reporting and ad-hoc analysis. The Production Finance Lead will work directly with the film's producers, production managers and Finance Management.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage all financial aspects of a film including: budgeting, cash flow, cost tracking, variance analysis, and forecasting of final estimated cost. Directly manage the production quota document.
Financial Planning and Reporting
- Budgeting feature animation films (pre-production through post)
- Prepare weekly Estimated Final Cost forecasting, variance analysis and reporting
- Analyze cause of change/variance tracking reporting
- Resource quota planning and tracking
- Weekly cash flow forecasting
- Review weekly reports for accuracy and making reclassifications as required
- Corporate reconciliation reports
- Database maintenance
- Review and code purchase orders and invoices
- Supervise petty cash administration
- Maintain accurate and up to date records
- Audit production time cards
- Labor tracking by employee and task
Other Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform complex financial analysis on an as needed basis
- Maintain adequate historical financial related production records
- Ensure productions adhere to established corporate and accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare audit backup to support all show expenditures as needed
- Additional production related accounting functions as requested by Finance Management
- Advanced Excel Skills required, SAP and Access knowledge a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and forecasting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work and remain detail oriented
- B.S Finance/Accounting degree
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 6+ years - production accounting experience required (CG/VFX preferred)
Please search the job section for Accounting and Finance
PRODUCTION FINANCE LEAD-- TRACKING CODE 205592-033
HOW TO APPLY
* When applying for any position, you must complete the online application process. This includes uploading your resume and cover letter.
* Please make sure to include your website and/or blog links on your resume and cover letter.
* If you have a demo reel online, please be sure to include a reel breakdown with specific description of your contribution.
* Online portfolio should represent strongest and current work.
* Life drawings are not required, but preferred for all submissions.
* You will receive an automated email acknowledging the successful receipt of your application. We will then contact you if there is an interest in speaking with you further. No phone calls, please.
Important Note: We ask that you not show work currently in production and/or under confidential guidelines at other studios or companies. We understand that this may limit the showcase of your capabilities. If this is your situation, we recommend that your submission display only the work available to the public with an indication that a later submission will be provided once approved or released.